Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Writing Workshop in the Works!

OK, Folks, I'm trying again: I need at least five people to sign up for this class in order for it to run, and I'd really like it to run!

So, If you live in the Philadelphia area, please consider signing up--I'd love to meet you.

Voices of Adoption Writing Workshop

taught by Andrea Ross

Class meets three times: Sunday afternoons from 2-4 pm; February 22, March 1, and March 8

This course is for anyone touched by adoption who wishes to explore his or her stories through creative writing. In a relaxed and supportive environment, the instructor will guide students through writing prompts, sharing of work, giving and receiving of constructive feedback, and discussion of the writing process and adoption-related topics. This writing-intensive course will draw inspiration from various authors and will culminate in the production of an optional class anthology.

Course fee: $44, plus $5 materials fee payable to the instructor

Register through Mount Airy Learning Tree: (215) 843-6333, mtairylearningtree.org

1 comment:

nb said...

Hi Andrea,
I just moved to Princeton and am in the midst of a life transformation identity crisis that is reshaping the way I perceive myself and the world. I am adopted and this is a foundational aspect of my being. I have met my birth mother and have an interesting story. I found out about your class too late, but this is EXACTLY what I would love to take part in. Are you planning on doing another series? I'll be there! Please keep me up to date if you are.
Nicole
nicolebreitman@gmail.com